Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bamboo Group on Facebook


Well, today I did something I have been planning to do for a long time - I started a Bamboo Matters group on Facebook. I have been going blue in the face trying to tell people what a great material bamboo is - both in itself and as an alternative to wood and plastic. More than selling actual bamboo products, what is turning out to be critical is to sell the concept of bamboo itself. Instead of feeling frustrated by the lukewarm response people have to bamboo, I have decided to rededicate myself to the Bamboo Cause and double my efforts. I honestly believe that bamboo in the 21st century makes for great ecological and economic sense !! At the rate that trees are disappearing and how resource intensive plastic production is, bamboo is a great alternative - it grows fast, can be used as is with little preparation ( at least for certain things) - and inspiring me to do all this is Shahriyar - the steadfast Bamboo Man - for while I do venture into arts, crafts and culture, he has remained the quintessential Bamboo Guy !!

So to all those reading this, jump onto the Bamboo Bandwagon - let's roll ! Lets promote and adopt bamboo and leave the world a little better for the future generation !!


1 comment:

Isabelle said...

Dear minhazz
Happy to hear from you (Eve from Ma Bazaar gave me your blog details).
Hope all is fine in Delhi.
Regards from France
Isa
(you can check our family blog on http://louettom.blogspot.com/
I will add a post about bamboo soon